Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
SUU Library Catalog
Locate books and media in the SUU Library with the SUU Library Catalog. Quick Search will work for most searches. Use Advanced Search when you need to modify your search by language, format, or library location
- Dictionaries, encyclopedias, yearbooks, statistics, and atlases can be found in the Reference Collection on the First Floor.
- To find mathematics reference books using the Library Catalog, select Advanced Search, type the keyword mathematics then select Reference in the location: dropdown box, then click Search.
Searching other library catalogs: From the Research Tab, go to Other Libraries
- WorldCat.org - use for finding books on your topic in other libraries, then request through Interlibrary Loan.
- Utah's Catalog: search all Utah academic libraries
WorldCat: Find Books in Other Libraries
You can discover books (and other materials) not available in the SUU library by using the WorldCat.org database, which lists the holdings of hundreds of library catalogs. Enter relevant terms or names in the box below.
SUU researchers can request most items found in WorldCat via Interlibrary Loan (see below).
EBSCO eBooks This link opens in a new window
In any EBSCO database, click the Choose Databases link above the search windows, unclick Academic Search Ultimate, then click eBook Collection.
Interlibrary Loan enables current SUU students, faculty, and staff to request books or receive electronic copies of articles that are available from other libraries.
To use Interlibrary Loan, from the library homepage, scroll down to Using the Library and click on Interlibrary Loan.
- If you've searched the Library Catalog and discover the SUU library doesn't have the book you need. Book requests will be delivered in approximately one week of request.
- If you've searched the Full Text Finder or Find Journals by Title for a journal that has an article you want and find that the SUU library doesn't have access to that journal. Articles will be delivered as electronic (pdf) copies to your Interlibrary Loan account, usually within a few days.
Although Google Books seldom delivers the complete text of a recently-published book, it can be very useful for viewing books' tables of contents and other information.