Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Most article databases will have a link to generate a citation for selected articles. E.g.:
EBSCO databases: e.g., Education Full Text
- Click article title or the HTML or PDF Full Text links in the Results list
- Click the Cite icon in the right panel
- Choose APA format
- Copy/paste citation. Check for exact formatting and punctuation. Provided citations are not always correct.
- While viewing the article, click the book icon in the bar above the article.
Follow these steps to get APA formatted citations from EBSCO databases:
- On the Article Results page click on the title of the article
- On the Detailed Record page click Cite in the Tools panel to the right
- Copy the APA citation
Free Citation Generators
- Google Scholar
Click Cite link under article information.
Maintained by Calvin College, this site generates citations in MLA, APA (ed. 6 only), and Chicago formats.
- NCSU Citation Generator
Citation builder maintained by North Carolina State University (APA ed. 6 only) .
- Citation Machine
Uses a web form to generate citations in MLA, APA, Chicago and Turabian formats.
Online Citation Generator and Manager. Note Cite/Export link at top of record.
Free Reference Management Software that must be downloaded to your computer. It allows the researcher to collect, organize, cite and collaborate on research. Also has a free, easy-to-use browser extension to help you collect, manage, and cite your research sources.