Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Welcome to the Agriculture Research Guide!
This guide is to help you get a jumpstart on Agriculture Research by giving an overview of what Agriculture Resources are available in the library, along with some quick tips on how to find and use them.
Sherratt Library provides access to a number of databases on a wide range of subjects. Below is a list of databases with content related to Agriculture:
Academic Search Ultimate (ASU)
General collection of journals, magazines, and newspapers in most academic subjects. Search results can be limited to full text and scholarly (peer reviewed) journals.
Citations and abstracts in all areas of agriculture including cooperative extension, food science, forestry, home economics, nutrition, rural sociology and veterinary medicine. 1970-present; updated monthly.
A global, not-for-profit collaboration bringing together scientific societies, publishers, and libraries to provide access to critical, peer-reviewed research in the biological, ecological, and environmental sciences. It provides a unique aggregation of nearly 100 high-impact bioscience research journals from around 70 publishers.
This collection of scholarly, government and general-interest titles includes content on the environmental effects of individuals, corporations and local/national governments, and what can be done at each level to minimize these effects.This tool includes indexing and abstracts for more than 760,000 records and open access full text for more than 11,000 records.
Search for article abstracts in over 2000 journals in the physical sciences and engineering, life sciences, health sciences, and social sciences and humanities, published by Elsevier. Records include citations and abstracts only.
Other Online Resources
- Core Historical Literature of Agriculture CHLA is primarily a collection of landmark agricultural texts published between the early nineteenth century and the middle to late twentieth century. These full-text materials cover agricultural economics, agricultural engineering, animal science, crops and their protection, food science, forestry, human nutrition, rural sociology, and soil science. Teams
Journals and Periodicals
Although many of the journals we have in Sherratt Library are available in electronic form, there are times when a print copy is the way to go. Below is a list of journals we have in print and electronic formats. (Note: Print copies of journals are housed on the first floor of Sherratt Library, organized alphabetically by title.)
- National Parks : the Magazine of the National Parks & Conservation Association (print)
- Farm Journal (print)
- Rangeland Ecology & Management (print)
- Agronomy Journal (online)
- Journal of Animal Science (online)
- Journal of Wildlife Management (online)
- American Quarter Horse Journal (print)
- American Vegetable Grower (print)
- Cattleman (print)
- Hoards Dairyman (print)
- Q Racing (print)
- Successful Farming (print)
- Western Horseman (print)
- American Gardener (print + online)
Books and Ebooks
Here at Sherratt Library, we use the Library of Congress classification system (call numbers) to organize most of our items, including print books and e-books. Below is a general list of call numbers that relate to Agriculture (they can help you find items faster).
S -- Agriculture
Librarian for Agriculture
Chat with a Librarian
Do you have questions? We're here to help!
OR, text your question to