Steps to adopting OER
1) Survey what's available (use this research guide or ask your librarian)
2) Evaluate for accuracy, relevance, production quality, accessibility, interactivity, and licensing (see the Faculty Guide for Evaluating Open Education Resources by BCOER)
3) Adopt the OER as is or adapt it to suit your needs (note that this is dependent on the type of license that comes with the OER)
4) Use OER in your course and ask students for feedback
5) Share the resource back to the community (if you have made substantive changes), or provide a review.
6) Can't find an OER that fits your needs? No problem - Create your own! Ask your librarian how.
David Wiley provides a quick (1:02 minute) video explaining how to quickly identify OER using Google. The same means can be applied when searching Google Images.
Chat with a Librarian
Do you have questions? We're here to help!
OR, text your question to